Saturday 10 March 2018

Little Late Up-Date


Triplets fighting it out

Although I have not been blogging for a while, I have by no means been idle ...

For my birthday treat the Triplets arranged a visit to the London Post Museum, complete with riding the little post train!  If this means nothing to you, I have you know that there used to be a mini underground train in London that was used to transport letters.  It fell into disuse, but last year was brought back into service as a tourist attraction. 

We took some photos, but they were sub-standard.  Never mind, here is a link to a whole webpapge of excellent photos on the internet that will get you an idea of what we saw. 

It was perfectly monumental, of course, like all Triplettish adventures!

London Post Train

It is very constricted within those little carriages!

Engineers in the making

R & A enjoying the ride

I also did do the annual end of year coin count, but have to disappoint you - I found very few coins during 2017!  I like to think this is because I have had a happy year and looked up rather than down, and thus missed all the coins that rolled into the gutter....

Anyway, I found the following:

£1.00    x   4 = £4.00
£0.50    x   1 = £ 0.50
£0.20    x 10 = £2.00
£0.10    x   3 = £0.30
£0.05    x 26 = £1.30
£0.02    x  9  = £0.18
0.01      x 40 = £0.40

Plus a few euro cents.  So a total of about £9.  Never mind!

It's enough to go for a decent coin drop, which will happen on 20 April along the Thames Embankment, followed by a slap up meal at the Butlers Wharf Chop House.

Perhaps I will do a little coin-drop with the euro-cents when I am next in Paris visiting the Fourth Triplet ...