Sunday 24 December 2017

Merry Christmas!


Well, it was another momentous year ....

Never mind, today is Christmas and we will be happy!

I have finished the decorating of the Parlour, and am currently listening to A Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols on Radio 4.

Before I was able to assemble my Christmas, I had to do some work.  Firstly, I had to fix a revolving pyramid I had purchased on Ebay - it came with a few pieces broken off.  I complained to the seller, who sent me some spare parts and instructions on how to repair it.  I had to drill out the broken off piece, and glue the new pieces into place, and also add all the leaves on top of the pyramid that make it turn.  It seems to be working OK now.

My sister had gifted me a Herrnhuter Stern, which required self assembly, but that, too, was successfully attempted last night.  It looks really rather splendid hanging in front of the window now!

More photos to follow, of course.

In the meantime, pip pip, tally ho, and all the very best for the festive season.

Remember you are loved.


Repairing the pyramid


That's the bit that was broken

Star got assembled

Parlour at the start of decorating